Middle Age Christian Philosopher’s and their Ideas;
St. Thomas Aquinas
- Christian philosophers, known as “Schoolmen” attempted to reconcile the beliefs of the Christian Church and the ideas of Greek Philosophers.
- They make use of Plato and Aristotle to make religion reasonable.
Schoolmen, Plato & Aristotle
- Ideas, Universals, Forms are real things that exist.
William of Occam
- They denied the reality (existence) of universals.
- Particular things (the world we experience) are the only realities.
- Ideas, Universals are mere thoughts of mind.