AWS PrivateLink connects your AWS services with other AWS services through a private tunnel. It secures data shared with cloud-based applications by eliminating the exposure of data to the public Internet.
- AWS PrivateLink provides private connectivity between different VPCs, AWS services, and on-premises applications, securely on the Amazon network.
- By not traversing the Internet, PrivateLink reduces the exposure to threat vectors such as brute force and distributed denial-of-service attacks.
Simple Network Management
- You can connect services across different accounts and Amazon VPCs, with no need for firewall rules, path definitions, or route tables. There is no need to configure an Internet gateway, VPC peering connection, or manage VPC Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDRs).
- AWS PrivateLink applies to Applications/Services communicating with each other within the AWS network. For VPCs to communicate with each other within the AWS network, use VPC Peering.
- You use AWS PrivateLink to secure and scale web applications.