The following services provide caching on AWS:
- API Gateway
- DynamoDB Accelerator
DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX)
DAX is highly available, managed in-memory read cache service designed for DynamoDB.
There is no need to manage the caching logic. DAX uses a cluster architecture (one or more nodes) and can deliver results as fast as in microseconds!
- DAX can be used for heavy-read workloads or data with repeated read patterns.
- DAZ can reduce RCU on a table.
- DAX can only be used with eventually consistent reads.
DAX maintains two distinct caches.
- Item Cache stores results from GetItem and BatchGetItem and has 5-minute default TTL.
- Query Cache stores results from Query and Scan operations.
ElastiCache is a managed in-memory data store – Redis or Memcached.
- Offloading database reads or storing user session states for the stateless compute.
supports master/slave replication and Multi-AZ redundancy for more advanced data types (lists, hashes, and sets), data persistence (backup/restore), pub/sub capabilities, or data sorting and ranking such as leader dashboard.
Simple in-memory caching model or large cache node with multi-threaded performance (horizontal scale out).