Kinesis is a fully managed, scalable, and resilient streaming service. It is designed to ingest a large amount of data in real-time from many producers.
Continue reading “[AWS] Kinesis”
- Streaming Data: online purchase, stock prices, social network data, geospatial data, or game data
- Use Kinesis (rather than SQS) when you need many producers/consumers.
- Kinesis consists of a couple of services:
- Video Streams
- Data Streams
- Data Firehose
- Data Analytics.
You can control S3 access can be done in 3 ways:
Continue reading “[AWS] S3 Security and Encryption”
- Bucket Policies apply across the bucket.
- Object Permissions apply to individual files.
- IAM (Identity) policies apply to users and groups
S3 Storage Classes (Storage Tier) – cost, durability, and availability – can be changed manually or using lifecycle policies.
Continue reading “[AWS Architect] (50) S3 Storage Classes and Versioning”
- Object Durability: The percentage over a one-year period that an object in S3 will not be lost.
- Object Availability: The percentage over a one-year period that an object in S3 will be accessible.
AWS S3 (Simple Storage Service) is a global object storage platform that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data.
Continue reading “[AWS Architect] (49) S3 Architecture”
Step Functions is a fully managed long-running, serverless workflow service that provides state machines.
Continue reading “[AWS Architect] (48) Step Functions”
SWF is a web service that coordinates and manages the execution of activities across distributed application components. Tasks can be run asynchronously.
Continue reading “[AWS Architect] (47) Simple Workflow (SWF)”
API Gateway is a fully managed API endpoint service that creates, manages, publishes, monitors, secures, and scales APIs. API Gateway can use other AWS services (Lambda, DynamoDB) for compute and store.
Continue reading “[AWS] API Gateway”
Lambda@Edge is a feature of Amazon CloudFront that lets you run code closer to users of your application, which improves performance and reduces latency.
Continue reading “[AWS] Lambda@Edge”