A Service is an abstraction which defines a logical set of Pods and a policy by which to access them (sometimes this pattern is called a micro-service).Continue reading “Kubernetes – Services”
Kubernetes coordinates a highly available cluster of computers that are connected to work as a single unit. Kubernetes automates the distribution and scheduling of application containers across a cluster in an efficient way.
- Service discovery and load balancing
- Storage orchestration
- Automated rollouts and rollbacks
- Secret and configuration management
- Distribution: Ubuntu Focal 20.04 (LTS)
You need to set up the cluster: Master node and Worker nodes.
- Master: A Master a system that control API calls for the pods, controllers, services, nodes and other components of a Kubernetes cluster are executed.
- Worker: A Worker is a system that provides the run-time environments for the containers. A set of container pods can span multiple nodes.
Kubernetes, also known as K8s, is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Management of containers: Service discovery/load balancing, secrete and configuration management
- Scale containers: self healing, horizontal scaling
- Storage Orchestration: Robust networking and storage options
Here is the list of useful Kubernetes commands and examples.Continue reading “Working with Kubernetes”
This is how to install Kubernetes on the Linux machine (CentOS7) – Master Node + Worker NodeContinue reading “Kubernetes – Install and Test on CentOS7”