Internet Gateway (IGW)
Internet Gateway (IGW) is an entry point to the VPC from the public.
- IGW provides NAT (Network Address Translation) for instances that have a public IP assigned:
- Translation between public IP to Private IP
- Only 1 IGW can be attached to a VPC.
- The default VPC is already attached to an IGW.
Egress Internet Gateway
Egress IGW is an outgoing-only internet gateway for IPv6-enabled resources.
- Egress IGW is used for IPv6 traffic only.
- It allows IPv6 traffic from VPC to access to the internet.
- It denies any outside traffic back into the VPC.