Amazon FSx can launch and run popular file systems that are fully managed by AWS. You have 2 options; one for Windows and another for Linux.
Amazon FSx for Windows
FSx for Windows provides fully managed, reliable, and scalable Windows file storage.
- FSx for Windows is built on Windows Server and provides a rich set of administrative features such as AD users, user quotas, and Access Control List.
- It provides the lowest-cost SMB file storage in the cloud.
Amazon FSx for Lustre
FSx for Lustre provides a high-performance, cost-effective, and fully managed storage service.
- Luster is an open-source parallel file system, which stores data across multiple network file servers to maximize performance and reduce bottlenecks. The storage can be used or machine learning and high-performance computing (HPC).
- FSx for Lustre is easy to use with S3 because it can be linked to Amazon S3 buckets.
- Amazon FSx for Lustre is POSIX-compliant, so you can use your current Linux-based applications.