CodeCommit is a managed source control service that hosts private Git repositories.
- Developers collaborate on code.
- Commit, branching, merging, and pull requests
- All codes are encrypted and secured in AWS.
- At Rest: AWS KMS
- In Transit: HTTPS, SSH
- CloudWatch and CloudTrail
- Notification with SNS and Lambda
- High Availability and Durability
- There are no limits on file types or sizes.
- AWS CodeCommit stores your repositories in Amazon S3 and Amazon DynamoDB.
Using IAM with CodeCommit
You can configure your Git client to communicate with CodeCommit repositories.
- Git credentials with HTTPS Connection (Recommended)
- You can generate a static use name and password pair in the IAM console.
- SSH keys with SSH
- AWS CLI credential helper with HTTP
- AWS access keys
You cannot use your IAM username and password to access CodeCommit.