Elastic File System (EFS) is a scalable managed service that implements the Network File System (NFSv4).
- File systems can be mounted on multiple Linux instances at the same time. -> shared media, home folder, shared documents.
- It can be accessed in the VPC, across the VPC, and even from outside of VPC through Direct Connect.
- EFS is built to scale while maintaining low latency and high throughput. It can support thousands of current NFS connections.
- EFS is a regional service that stores data across multiple AZs for high availability and durability.
- EFS supports Read after Write consistency.