CodePipeline is a continuous delivery service. It integrates with other AWS development services such as CodeBuild, CodeCommit, and CodeDeploy.
- Automate release process (build, test, deploy), consistent release, real-time status of the process
- A pipeline is a workflow, and it is divided into stages (build stage, deployment stage …)
- Stages act as groupings of actions. Actions need something to do – artifacts as an input or an output.
CodePipeline Manual Approvals
- You can add an approval action to a stage in a pipeline.
- Someone with the required AWS IAM permissions can approve or reject the action.