EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service) is a managed service that runs Kubernetes on AWS.
- Provision and scale your cluster automatically using AWS multi-AZs for HA (High Availability) and fault tolerance.
- Compatible with all K8s plug-ins and applications
- Self-Healing: detects unhealthy worker nodes and replaces them automatically
Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- a cluster of EC2 instances
- EKS provisions and manages nodes
- good for a stateful application or a long-running application such as a web server
- good for applications with persistent volumes or file systems
- a cluster with serverless containers
- no need to manage servers
- good for short-lived, state-less applications