AMIs (Amazon Machine Images) are containers that are used to build instances (OS + SW packages + settings).Continue reading “[AWS] EC2 – AMIs”
- Title: Media Control – The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda
- Author: Noam Chomsky
- Published: 1991
- Publisher: Seven Stories Press, New York, NY
- ISBN: 1-888363-49-5
Security Token Service (STS) creates temporary security credentials – short time use (A few minutes to several hours).Continue reading “[AWS] Security Token Service (STS)”
President Trump has lost the election. We are bombarded with all those media articles about how the President would react, what he will do – another crazy, non-common-sensical behavior-, and what kind of norms he is going to break this time.Continue reading “Issue – Norms”
Amazon FSx can launch and run popular file systems that are fully managed by AWS. You have 2 options; one for Windows and another for Linux.Continue reading “[AWS Architect] Amazon FSx”
AWS PrivateLink connects your AWS services with other AWS services through a private tunnel.
- PrivateLink secures data shared with cloud-based applications by eliminating the exposure of data to the public Internet.
- PrivateLink allows access to AWS Services in a highly available way while keeping all the network traffic within the AWS network.
Elastic File System (EFS) is a scalable managed service that implements the Network File System (NFSv4).
- File systems can be mounted on multiple Linux instances at the same time. -> shared media, home folder, shared documents.
- It can be accessed in the VPC, across the VPC, and even from outside of VPC through Direct Connect.
- EFS is built to scale while maintaining low latency and high throughput. It can support thousands of current NFS connections.
- EFS is a regional service that stores data across multiple AZs for high availability and durability.
- EFS supports Read after Write consistency.
Elastic Block Store (EBS) is a network-attached storage service that creates and manages persistent volumes.
- Volumes are persistent (removed and attached) and are replicated within a single AZ.
- You can change the EBS volume size and the storage type on the fly.
- EBS supports a maximum per-instance throughput of 1,750 MiB/s.
- EBS supports 80,000 IOPS per instance or 64,000 IOPS per volume.
- By default, EBS volumes are replicated within the AZ.