Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
CKAD is an online tests with problems to be solved by a command line tool. Here are the tips of the test.
Continue reading “Kubernetes – CKAD Tips”
Matter is anything that has mass and occupies space – Solid, Liquid, and Gas. Mass is the measure of the amount of matter present.
Continue reading “Chemistry – Matter”
A Service is an abstraction which defines a logical set of Pods and a policy by which to access them (sometimes this pattern is called a micro-service).
- A service provides a single point of entry for accessing one or more pods.
- Pods are ephemeral and may only live a short time. For example, each pod gets its own IP address and you cannot rely on a pod id address staying the same.
- A service creates endpoints between the service and pods.
- The set of pods targeted by a service is usually determined by a selector.
Service | Kubernetes
Continue reading “[Kubernetes] Services”
- The roles of a service
- abstracts pod IP addresses.
- works on TCP/UDP (OSI Layer 4). kube-proxy creates a virtual IP for services.
- relies on labels to associate a service with a pod.
- provides load balancing among pods.
A Deployment provides declarative updates for Pods and ReplicaSets.
- A deployment defines the desired state for replica pods.
- The cluster constantly maintains the desired state by creating, removing, and modifying replica pods.
Deployments | Kubernetes
Continue reading “[Kubernetes] Deployments”
Pods are the smallest deployable units of computing that you can create and manage in Kubernetes.
Pods | Kubernetes
Continue reading “[Kubernetes] Pods”
- A Pod consists of one or more containers and resources shared by those containers.
Kubernetes coordinates a highly available cluster of computers that are connected to work as a single unit. Kubernetes automates the distribution and scheduling of application containers across a cluster in an efficient way.
Continue reading “[Kubernetes] Basics”
- Service discovery and load balancing
- Storage orchestration
- Automated rollouts and rollbacks
- Secret and configuration management